Saturday, February 04, 2006

"Embassies torched as cartoon furor grows"

The recent Muslim anger over cartoons in a Danish newspaper, which were subsequently and gleefully reprinted in newspapers across Europe, provides us with a lot of funny headlines. Headlines that I never thought I would see. Here is a brief sampling:

Embassies torched as cartoon furor grows
Muslim Anger Builds over Newspaper Cartoons
Clash Over Cartoons Is a Caricature Of Civilization
Bono: 'The Lord Will Watch Your Back'

I don't know what the last one's about, but anyway, this is a funny issue, since it's just a cartoon. I would hate to see what would happen if a NYC art gallery decided to display a painting of Muhammad with excrement on it. (The Virgin Mary's okay, though.)

1 Comments:

At 10:21 PM, Blogger Jess said...

slappy white? mmm okay. weirdo

bailey's walk is one of my favorite pixies songs. don't download it you won't like it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home